Thursday, May 22, 2008

Perfection . . . .


A little mouth, sweet nose, big brown eyes, ten toes, ten fingers. . . .and that sweet smell of fresh baby......oh so sweet, perfect in the eyes of God. Who are we to wonder who our creator is.....what a miracle this life is.

Being a grandmother (aka Nana) has changed my perspective on life. It's the little things that matter, the sweet little nothings that I forgot to see in my own children because I was too busy with "stuff". Do I regret that I missed it then, absolutely....BUT....I won't miss it now.....I have a second chance to receive every picked dandelion, read every story, put every puzzle together 5, 10, 15 times over and over again, give baths with blue colored water, eat dessert first, swing for hours.....gosh, I dont want to miss a minute of those times. I love it when those little guy's reach up for my hand, and fit their little fingers inside mine and squeeze when walking across the street. What security we give them, and what love connection is in that little touch.

My heart has learned how to love again through the eyes of a child, my grandchildren, to be exact. A softer love, a tender love, a caring love, a patient love, a happy love and an everlasting love......just like HE loves us......a warm, snuggly love.....don't you love it....I do.

No comments: